India is riding high on the global platform, post economic reforms. With a population of more than 50 crores in the age of 18-35 years, it stands high as the world’s youngest nation. In between, the socio-economic development has to pace up to commensurate with the economic vibrancy of the country. Robust sustainable solutions was missing to alleviate the social and economic difficulties of the low income communities at the Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP),and there exists deficit of social venture incubators to provide the capacity building and incubation support at idea/pilot/test stage, both in India as a whole and particularly in the low income states.
To address this challenge – Technology Development Board (TDB), GoI, in partnership with Department for International Development (DFID), UK have initiated the ‘Innovative Ventures and Technologies for Development (INVENT)’program.
KIIT TBI is the implementing partner for INVENT for the states of Odisha and Jharkhand. With its network and bandwidth, KIIT TBI manifests to support innovation and uniqueness in its quest to fulfill the objectives of INVENT.
INVENT Takeway @ KIIT TBI
- Incubation support for the ideas/proposals at test/pilot stage.
- Funding assistance for incubatees upon basic validation
- Dedicated domain Mentors for guidance
- Monthly inspirational events for networking and showcase of achievement
- Access to facilities, resources and other common services
- Dedicated capacity building workshops and seminars
- Hands-on-support for mid-correction operational flaws
- Connect to downstream investors for scaling up the operations
- Expert guidance and holistic hand-holding by committee comprising of different stake holders of the eco-system.
Who can apply?
- Startups with Significant Positive Impact on Bottom of Pyramid (BoP)
- Startups having Innovation with technology symmetry
- Startups from any cross – domain impacting the Society
- Startups with a strong plan to work in for-profit mode
- Startups having a idea/inspiration to impact the society either directly or indirectly