Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI)
Traditional industries have been broadly categorized as under
- General awareness
- Motivation and trust building
- Skill Development and capacity building
- Institution development
- Exposure visits
- Markets promotion initiatives
- Design and product development
- Participation in workshops, seminars and training programmes on technology up-gradation
- Creation of facilities like multiple facilities for multiple products and packaging whenever required.
- Common Facility Centres (CFCs)
- Raw material banks (RMBs)
- Up-gradation of production infrastructure
- Tools and technology up-gradation
- Warehousing facility
- Training centre
- Value addition and processing centre
Cross-cutting thematic interventions at the sector level comprising several clusters in the same sector with the inclusion of several clusters in the same industry with the emphasis on both domestic and international markets. This includes brand building and promotion campaign, new media marketing, e-commerce initiative and innovation.
KIIT-TBI has 14 approved clusters in various sectors like Handicraft to handloom, forest produce to Agro Processing.
The financial support granted for any project shall be a maximum of Rs. 8 Crore.
- For heritage clusters (1000-2500 artisans), a budget limit of Rs. 8 crores would be provided.
- For significant clusters (500-1000 artisans), a budget limit of Rs. 3 crore would be provided.
- For a mini cluster (upto 500 artisans), a budget limit of Rs. 1.50 crore would be the budget limit.
- For NER/ Jammu and Kashmir and Hill States, there will be a 50% reduction in the number of artisans per cluster.