Biotechnology Ignition Grant
Igniting New Ideas
About the Scheme
Through BIRAC BIG funding, a grant of up to 50 Lakhs for 18 months is provided to biotech startups and entrepreneurial individuals to propel best in class innovative ideas to a POC-the first major milestone in the product development cycle.
Innovations under Healthcare, Lifescience, Diagnostics, Medical Devices, Drugs, Vaccines, Drug Formulations and Delivery Systems, Industrial Biotechnology, Agriculture, Secondary Agriculture, IoT, Waste Management, Sanitation, Clean Energy and related areas.
BIG Application Process
Eligible applicants will go through multi-step selection process.
- Preliminary Screening Committee
- Blind Peer Review
- Technical Evaluation Panel (Pitching Round)
Final results are declared after the ESC (Expert Selection Committe ) round.
Innovative Projects Funded
Follow on Funding
Women Led Enterprises
- Access to laboratories for Prototyping, R&D and Product Development which includes, Fab Lab, Food Testing, Plant Tissue Culture, Animal House, Analytical, Cell Culture, Bioprocess Labs and Sequencing Facility.
- Plug & play business office suites.
- Conference rooms, meeting rooms with A/V conferencing.
Startup Pack – Array of services through our channel partners.
- Linkages with Industry and R&D Labs for technology sourcing and licensing.
- Training and support in obtaining funding for pilot sale studies.
- Networking with potential Advisors and Mentors.
- Identiﬁcation of Market Opportunities.
- Angel Investor/ VC Connect.