Social Innovation Immersion Program
An Initiative Under BIRAC's SPARSH Program, Govt of India
The Social Innovation Immersion Program, a flagship program of BIRAC, Govt of India is an intensive 18 months fellowship program designed to cultivate a pipeline of social innovators and change-makers who will identify the unsolved societal challenges and address them through the development of innovative solutions.
Follow on Funding
Once selected, each SIIP fellows embarks on a tailored made program of 18 months to
As part of this structured program you will have access to a pool of mentors/domain experts and high-end laboratory and research facilities. The program will take you through a bootcamp and field immersion to ensure that you have the right skills and inputs to come up with high impact solutions.
The program will act as a catalyst to
An exceptional platform to
- Interact with like-minded start-ups and innovators who are passionate about social change.
- Enter the pipeline of funding opportunities to scale up your solutions
- Create your own social start-up
- Get mentoring guidance from clinicians and subject matter experts to guide you through the entire cycle of innovation.
- The application for the SIIP fellowship will have to be submitted online through BIRAC portal (https://birac.nic.in/desc_
- In the application form, select KIIT-TBI as your SPARSH Center and complete the rest of the application.
- Shortlisted applicants will be called for a presentation at KIIT TBI before a Technical Expert Committee for the final selection.
- Applicant should have a drive towards entrepreneurship but may not necessarily have an idea yet;
- Have education in areas such as Life Sciences, Agriculture, Engineering, Medicine & Human Biology with qualification ranging from undergraduate (B.Tech, BE, MBBS) or postgraduate (MSc, MS, M.Tech, MPhil, MD) & PhD and under 35 years of age.