- This event has passed.
Webinar on “Connecting the ecosystems: Connecting Seeds with Needs”
May 27, 2021 @ 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
The Technology Transfer Office of KIIT-TBI invites you for the webinar on “Connecting the ecosystems: Connecting Seeds with Needs” by Dr. Satya Tapas, Founder, Cocoter Natural Drinks Pvt Ltd & Founder Director, SciDogma Research
Registration link: http://bit.ly/socialinovtn
- How can the Climate Change be fought on the ground by farmers?
- How the systems change can help farmers keep their livelihood while fighting cyclones?
- Why is commercial perspective (Technology Commercialization) of any Change important to sustain that change?
- How to start Social Entrepreneurship on an idea that is not patented?
- Can Social Entrepreneurship bring money to the Entrepreneur as well as the beneficiaries?
- Challenges of Social Entrepreneurship in India and how to overcome them
- Put the Sole to save your Soul – meaning put a new sole (agricultural practice) to save your soul (livelihood)
About the Speaker
Dr. Satya Tapas is a Coconut farming enthusiast and wants to be the Change agent for bringing a Systems change in the agricultural practices of the farmers of Odisha, who are much affected by the onslaught of regular cyclones due to the Climate Change events happening in the East Coast. Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm Fani in 2019 was a wakeup call for him to leave his successful professional career in Bangalore and take a plunge to start the movement of dwarf coconut farming in Odisha. In order to make his concept commercially attractive, he started his own enterprise Cocoter Natural Drinks Pvt Ltd. He is a Structural Biologist by training and also a Healthcare Innovator. He is a Technology driven person who desires to meet the needs of the society. After completion of his Ph.D from IIT, Roorkee, he was associated with IISc, C-CAMP and Max Plank Institute of Biophysics for his Post-doctoral work.