Access to Stipend Fellowship
to pursue your start ups
Under NIDHI-EIR Program
Call for applications for the KIIT-TBI NIDHI-EIR program
15th May 2019
The main objective of the programme is to provide a support platform for the aspiring entrepreneurs to nurture their technology business ideas through enabling a conducive environment having access to the stipend fellowship, networks, mentors and other fellow entrepreneurs
Background of NIDHI EIR Program
Department of Science and Technology (DST) has announced National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovations (NIDHI) as an umbrella programme for nurturing ideas and innovations (knowledge-based and technology-driven) into successful startups. Entrepreneurs-in- Residence (EIR) Programme is one of the programs introduced under NIDHI to inspire the best talents to be entrepreneurs, to minimize the risk involved in pursuing start- ups, and to partially set off their opportunity costs of high paying jobs. The NIDHI-EIR programme provides tremendous opportunities for innovative entrepreneurs to expand their networks and get critical feedback on their ventures in order to promote their entrepreneurial career goals and aspirations.
Objectives of NIDHI-EIR Programme
- To encourage graduating students to take to entrepreneurship by providing support as a fellowship.
- To provide a prestigious forum for entrepreneurs to pursue their ventures without any additional risks involved in technology based businesses.
- To make pursuing entrepreneurship related to a technology business idea more attractive amongst available career options.
- To enable creation of new start-ups by entrepreneurs and significant progress towards raising funding or investment.
The opportunities under NIDHI-EIR Programme include:
- Guidance from experienced, innovative and highly successful entrepreneurs on the business concept, strategy or venture and insight into specific industries or markets.
- Best practices for starting a business and broaden the professional network.
- Co-working spaces for developing the idea into a marketable product.
The Programme thus encourages enterprising individuals to venture out and pursue daring entrepreneurial ideas as well as enhances the quantity and quality of startups
ELIGIBILITY FOR NIDHI-EIR SUPPORT
- The EIR applicant should be citizen of India with possession of a government approved proof of nationality such as a valid passport, voter’s id etc.
- The EIR applicant should have completed minimum basic full time undergraduate or more education towards one or more degree programme in Basic Sciences/ Engineering/ Biotechnology/ Medicine/ Law etc.
- Expected eligibility qualifications are PhD/ MTech/ BTech/ BPharm/ MD/ MBBS/ BDS/ MSc/ BSc/ MPhil/ MDes/ MPH/ MBA/ LLB/ LLM/ MSW etc.
- The EIR is expected to be committed to exploring a business idea. Typical NIDHI-EIR needing the support is a first generation innovative entrepreneur, who has no prior source of income. NIDHI-EIR support recipient should not treat this support as a stop gap arrangement to support them in their academic pursuits or transition between jobs.
- NIDHI-EIR seeking the support should demonstrate his ability to build a scalable technology business startup. The background of the NIDHI-EIR needs to be provided in a prescribed format.
- Preferences will be given for the following:
- Women entrepreneurs
- Innovators under the age of 35
- Business plan that can result in manufacturing and better jobs creation
- Professionals with relevant work/ industry experience with a urge to take entrepreneurship as an career
- Applicants with a history/ track record of invention/ tinkering solutions etc or volunteering with organizations to address/ solve problems.
- Applicants shall be evaluated based on the following:
- The NIDHI-EIR support recipient should propose one technology business idea in a prescribed format.
- NIDHI-EIR support recipient are expected to pursue their entrepreneurial aspirations full time. NIDHI-EIR cannot be concurrent with any other remuneration or fellowship.
- NIDHI-EIR support recipient cannot be the promoter or significant (>10%) share holder / beneficiary of another company at the time of applying for and receiving the grant approval
- The NIDHI-EIR should be registered for the pre-incubation or incubation program at the TBI for the entire duration of NIDHI-EIR support.
- Preference shall be given for the following:
- Technology business ideas with larger technology uncertainties and/ or long gestation periods.
- Technology business ideas leveraging technology or IP from publicly funded research or academic organizations, technology business ideas with considerable potential for social impact.
- Entrepreneurs pursuing business ideas with no or marginal technology innovation or those with very short journey (i.e less than 6 months) to commercialization are discouraged to apply.
- NIDHI-EIR seeking support should have a formal business plan for the idea they intend to pursue and a business presentation including the investment proposal.
- Once the NIDHI-EIR raise funding or investments for their business ideas/ potential start ups, the grant support shall be discontinued from the date of receipt of the first tranche of funds.
NIDHI –EIR Support to the Fellows (For a period of 12 months):
- Grant Stipend maximum of Rs.30,000/- per month with a minimum level of Rs.10,000/- per month for a period of 12 months.
- Office space, administrative support and a stipend to work on their entrepreneurial idea and turn the innovative idea into viable businesses
- Supports from faculties and mentors, assigned as mentor to individual EIR Fellow in business planning and execution
- Provide mentorship and handholding for activities related to IP management, legal and contract, mobilizing resources and other business development related activities
- Participation of EIR fellow in any programme organised by KIIT-TBI
Nihar Ranjan Panda
Personal Transport Vehicle (PTV)
PTV –(Personal Transport Vehicle) A three wheeled balanced, individual suspension electric vehicle made for all kind of roads and all kind of usage with capability to carry weight of 150 kg at a speed of 16-30 kmph with a battery capacity of 70km/charge,which can be used as a part of life for transportation .Irrespective of small or rough road ,parking area small or wide road, this can be used for transportation for all age group without balancing issue .people those who are using wheel chair ,they can also use this type of vehicle.
IOT We are building a smart, connected helmet that will have features like Accident Detection, Anti-theft, Live and Remote Tracking, Hands-free Navigation and Smartphone Charging. In case of our product, the customers themselves are the users. Our market includes all motorcycle owners in the age group 20-69. The product will be available at all motorcycle showrooms. So all a motorcyclist needs to do is to grab one and download the app on their respective smart phones. Besides, the product is user friendly and can be easily used by one and all. The product design has been finalized keeping in mind the general problems faced by bike riders daily. Hence, wearing helmets would no longer remain a compulsion; rather riders will use the product at will, thereby ensuring their safety as well as comfort. And as we will be working off of the results of our surveys we will only produce something that is usable, distinct and perfectly suited for motorcycle enthusiasts and also casual riders with a penchant for new technology. Uniqueness of the product is unlike the other smart helmet available in the market, this helmet will cost less than Rs 2500/- including the features like Accident Detection, Anti-theft and others.
Artificial Intelligence based Health Data Analysis
Medurin is an Indian healthcare data analytics start-up with a primary objective of designing contemporary digital healthcare products powered by innovative technologies like Artificial Intelligence(AI), Machine Learning & Block chain technology. As of now we are predominantly focusing on developing India’s first ever “AI powered deep conversational digital health assistant” smartphone application.
Foodbots – Street Food Vending Machines
We had developed the commercial model and prototypes of world’s first portable food processing and vending machine for Lassi, Bhelpuri, Biryani, momo and panipuri . These machines are designed to serve in just a press of button and are fully customizable according to the taste of customers.
We plan to lease out these machine in a franchise model to business establishments for a recurring source of revenue.
A. Soumya Rao
Medini Technologies makes Soil-Pen:
A complete quantitative soil-analysis device with on-site results.
Medini is developing a portable soil-testing device which can give the quantitative analysis of Macronutrients i.e. N, P, K along with an analysis of pH, temperature and moisture content of the soil on-site. It will be embedded with GPS and machine learning to better the results of soil-tests over time.
Arghya Kamal Choudhury
The objective is to create a table and chair system so that it becomes easy for the kids to carry it along with the backpack. This could bring about change in the society by giving kids the power to dream by making their study conditions better. Four Designs successfully made to last and look stylish such that customers carry their backpacks with pride. Also designs have been made with waterproof fabric to ensure that anything in the backpack gets protected from rain. Keeping kids in mind the non-hazardous materials and design also ensures that no one gets hurt with our product. The backpacks are lightweight and flexible and can be carried or packed away easily with other luggage. Two models of tables and chairs have been created in a foldable and stackable format such that it’s easy to carry in a backpack.
Universal Sensor Interface for IoT 2.0
Present project adapts to the needs of IoT applications and ensure any sensor data can be fed to the single chip that converts all the sensor data into Digital by means of a single ADC. Digital data, hence done some pre-processing within the same chip before handing over a single data stream to the processor by means of I2C interface.
Debendra Kumar Sethi
The product delivers assistance to blind and vision impaired people.“ iStick ” is an easy to use portable device with a smart sensors embedded into it, designed to assist people who are visually impaired which can help them to navigate easily on road or any pathways. The “iStick” recognize obstacles and generate pulse vibrations, to which visual impaired people are highly sensitive. The embedded micro GPS locate the position of person. As the device is mobile pairable so pin point location (under 10 meters) and voice navigation is possible.
We provide hybrid cold chain solutions for end point use with precise temperature control. The product is quite rugged and can maintain desired temperatures in extreme ambient conditions. There is no compressor used , hence it can be carried anywhere without worrying about any maintenance issue. With our product concerned persons wont need to depend on ice packs or gel packs for end point use.
Banking, National Security & Governance with BIOCODE
It is a revolutionary fool proof paperless, card less, cash less & document less innovative concept which will change the lifestyle of the people in banking industry, national security & government transactions. This concept of “BIOCODE” can be implemented in almost all sectors of Government and Business & it will bring a revolution to the banking industry & also increase National Security & will provide Good Governance to all at a very cheap, easy, fast mode which will save a lot of time, energy and resources.
Santosh Kumar Khemundu
HelEn – A Super Human Drink
The Company aims to deliver healthy nutritious beverages in a Ready-To-Eat/Drink format which has the ability to speed up the healing capacity against various chronic lifestyle diseases. They can also curb the hunger of a person who has skipped their breakfast/meal ensuring a healthy supply of energy, naturally. Our product reduces the hassle for gym goers who need a quick solution to their pre-workout diet. It has no age barriers. We provide a perfect liquid diet for patients and elderly who are in dire need of it. Besides, the nutritional quality makes our beverage a potential food product for eradicating malnutrition.