BIRAC – SIIP (Social Innovation Immersion Programme) aims at promoting the development of innovative solutions for society’s most pressing social problems.
The program intends to create a pool of social innovators who will identify the specific needs and gaps in healthcare and address them through the development of innovative products and services. The previous call was focused on Maternal and Child Health, which was a success at KIIT TBI.
The current theme specifically targets the challenges associated with “Ageing and Health” with an aim to increasing the average life expectancy and adding life to years.
As part of this structured program, the innovators will have access to a pool of mentors/domain experts and high-end laboratory and research facilities. The program will take you through a bootcamp and field immersion to ensure that you have the right skills and inputs to come up with high impact solutions.
The Social Innovators receive a fellowship of INR 50,000 per month along with a kick start grant of INR 5 Lakhs to develop a proof of concept.
The program will act as a catalyst to,
- Identify and provide support to cutting-edge innovations towards affordable product development that can bring significant social impact and address challenges of inclusive growth.
- Encourage young innovators to establish technology-based start-ups and provide a pipeline of funding opportunities to scale up socially relevant solutions.
- Create and foster a pool of social innovators and provide a platform to share best practices, understand intricacies of business models in social innovation and network.
The ideal applicant would be a graduate/postgraduate/ Ph.D. from Medicine, Biotechnology, Biomedical, Design and other Engineering disciplines with a passion for solving unmet clinical needs and preference to work in a multidisciplinary team.
The social innovators would be a full-time fellow at KIIT Technology Business Incubator, Bhubaneswar for the duration of 18 months. This program will take the innovators to various clinical and non-clinical environments covering urban & rural healthcare and community settings as part of their immersion.
Applications for the current call, which is on “Ageing and Health” have been closed. The next call will open in early 2019.
In case you are interested, kindly drop us an email at – email@example.com
Ageing & Health
- The current theme is of “Ageing and Health” with a focus on Geriatrics and Assistive Medical Technologies.
- These Social Innovators will be trained to identify unmet clinical needs of the elderly population.
- The program puts the Social Innovators through pre-immersion boot camp, field immersion, need screening and
idea filtration phases.
- The innovators will come up with products and solutions addressing the clinical needs of ageing and elderly population over the course of 18 months.
Maternal & Child Health
KIIT-TBI has successfully completed Social Innovation Immersion Program on Maternal and Child Health recently. The 4 social innovators hired under the program have since taken their ideas closer to commercialisation.
- Dr. Sumona Karjee Mishra
- Mr. Kiran Vuppala
- Mr. Ashfaq Ashraf
- Mr. Anurag Kumar Kyal