BIRAC’s initiative – LEAP Fund (Launching Entrepreneurial Driven Affordable Products) primarily aims to address this need through the Incubators.
BIRAC’s LEAP fund is meant to provide capital assistance to start-ups with the new and meritorious ideas, innovations and technologies.
The fund helps in Bringing technologies/products forward towards piloting/commercialization.
- The venture must be early stage (2-7 years since inception) with a High calibre team
- The venture must be working towards solutions for the Biotechnology/Life Science sector
- The company must have raised previous rounds of fund (Grant/ Investment).
- A well defined POC must have been achieved (as evaluated by the Review committee).
- The venture must have a well-defined upscale and go-to-market strategy with positive revenue inflow within the next 24 months of funding.
- Idea should have huge addressable market
- Investment required <1 Cr and willing to share equity with the incubator
- Indian Start-ups (registered under Companies Act, 2013), having at least 51% shareholders as Indian Citizens [does not include OCI or PIO] as the mandatory requirement.
LEAP support to incubatee start-ups in life sciences sector: Up to INR 100 Lakh
Apply at: http://bit.ly/BIRAC-LEAP-FUND
Contact Us: [email protected]