Creating impactful, innovative
and successful enterprises
More than 10 years into promoting innovations and entrepreneurship in the country, KIIT-TBI now has evolved into a potential centre of relevance and excellence in the eastern and northeastern part of India.
Recipient of National Award for TBI of the year 2017 by DST, GoI.
In 2020, Granted Centre of Excellence in Incubation & Entrepreneurship from DST, GoI.
Ranked No 1 Bioincubator consecutively in 2019 and 2020 in Private Sector by BioSpectrum.
To offer a conducive ecosystem to promote the innovation capacity of the startups/ SMEs and enable them to create new technology-based products and markets leading to the job creation and thus strengthening the regional and national economy.
Started in 2009 as an initiative of KIIT with the humble support of Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India, KIIT-TBI has always strived to boost the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the country.
In those days, the recipe for an ideal incubation model was yet unwritten. With a passionate young team and inspiring leadership, today we stand strong and deliver what is in best interest of our stakeholders. Today we are the epicenter for technology startups and entrepreneurs in the east and northeast region.
KIIT-TBI is a member of Asia Pacific Incubation Network (APIN) and Indian STEPs and Business Incubator’s association (ISBA) and recognized as Scientific and Industrial Research Organization by DSIR.
10 Years Journey - Existence to Excellence
We initially started as KIIT Centre for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (KIIT-CIE) at KIIT Deemed to be University.
KIIT-TBI got recognized as Technology Business Incubator by Department of Science & Technology, Govt of India.
In the same year KIIT-TBI implemented Skill Development Training through S&T (STST) by DST GoI.
• MSME-Business Incubator by DC-MSME, Gol • DST-NIMAT Project by EDII, Ahmedabad
• TIDE Centre, MeitY, GoI • TIDE Seed Fund by MeitY, GoI + TDB Seed Fund by TDB GoI
In 2012 BIRAC under BISS established new world class Bioincubator at KIIT-TBI.
• NSTEDB Seed Fund by DST GoI • BIG Implementing Partner, by BIRAC, GoI
• SIIP Program by BIRAC, GoI • Incubator Partner to the INVENT Program by DFID UK & TDB, GoI • NIDHI-EIR by DST, GoI
The Rural Women Technology Park was set up in Chikiti, Odisha with support from the SEED division of DST.
• NIDHI-PRAYAS Center by DST, GoI • NIDHI Accelerator by DST, GoI • NIDHI Seed Fund, by DST, GoI • BIRAC Seed Fund, by BIRAC, GoI • SILICE by European Union
• Nodal Incubator by Startup Odisha • Startup India Odisha Yatra by Startup Odisha and Startup India
• Leap Fund by BIRAC GoI • Enprendia by European Union • Agriculture Grand Challenge by Startup India • WING - Women Rise Together by Startup India • Boeing BUILD Program by Boeing India • Climate KIC by European Union • BIRAC Regional Techno-Entrepreneurship Promotion Centre (BRTC), by BIRAC GoI • Technical Agency SFURTI Center by MoMSME, GoI • SPARSH Center by BIRAC, GoI • TIDE 2.0 by MeitY, GoI • MSME-Business Incubator by DC-MSME, GoI • IOCL – Oil & Gas Startup Initiative • Technology Transfer Office (TTO) by BIRAC, DBT, GoI under NBM • Food Testing Lab by MoFPI, GoI
Received the Centre of Excellence tag in Incubation & Entrepreneurship under NIDHI Scheme by DST, GoI.